Send e-mail to: johnrevanetski@atlanticbb.net

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Photos, essay being published, Springtime in Warren

Several of my photos, and an essay I wrote recently titled Welcome to Hobo Rail, are part of the Winter issue of Artistry of Life, an online literatry magazine.

One photo is of a flock of Canada Geese in flight, which is the artwork chosen by the magazine's editors to compliment Crescendo, a poem written by my good friend Cassandra Robison, who is the magazine's founder, publisher, and editor. The other photo is a fog-bound scene along the Allegheny River. Sandi chose it to compliment her poem Seneca.

The Winter issue is expected to be posted by Saturday. There is a link to Artistry of Life at the top of this page. Welcome to Hobo Rail is available by clicking onto the My Poems & Essays link above.

A warm and sunny beginning to January 2006 is causing my backyard Dogwood tree to produce buds on the outer branches. This happened once before, I think in 2003, with ill affects to the tree. Temps have been in the mid 50's most of this week. Today may hit 60 degrees in some spots. The 14 inches of snow that accumulated from several snowstorms in December is gone, and with it cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.

So, if spring has sprung early let it stay, although that's not likely.

This warm spell has allowed me to do some yard cleanup that was left behind when the snow fell. Actually, it feels good to get outside and work in the yard and garden with just light clothing.

In my off time, I've been watching a good bit of the Pennsylvania State Farm Show, especially the equestrian events. The events mostly focus on a Western theme with reining, cutting, barrel racing, team penning, draft horse pulls and the like.

The visit Thursday with my neurologist was a surprise. He focused on what he observes as stress, depression and anxiety in my demeanor, the ways they adversly affect the sypmtoms of Parkinson's, and recommendations on what to do. He suggested I see a psychologist or qualified therapist for evaluation and treatment. No new drugs have been added to my schedule, although he said that maybe a light anti-depressent might be in the future. I meet with my personal physician next Tuesday to review the situation with him.

Since October, the effectiveness and reliability of my medications has decreased. When they work, I'm just fine. When they don't, I am have difficulty walking, and my balance and coordination is off. This leaves me pretty much immobile, sitting it out until the next dose to see what that brings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home