Send e-mail to: johnrevanetski@atlanticbb.net

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Sports Calendar Is Full!


My attention is split in several directions currently, but sports is starting to take priority.

Super Bowl Sunday is at hand, although I could care less for pro football (Steelers by 7 points). I'll be out with friends at a Super Bowl party, so it's the food and friendship that interests me.

A few weeks ago, I watch the AFC-NFC championships with several friends. I was going back and forth cheering on the Steelers with Tom and Charles, and then heading to the dining room for tea and cake with Lynn and Priscilla while reading my poems to them.

On Saturdays, I toggle the TV remote between NCAA basketball and NHL hockey with several games on from noon through 6 p.m. Not much gets done around here on the weekends.

Next Friday, the Winter Olympics from Turino, Italy begin. I enjoy most the speed skating, bobsled, luge, all downhill and cross-country skiing, including biathalon.

In between, I'll be checking the race sheets to see how the ponies are running at the various tracks as a prelude to the Triple Crown. I went to the 2005 Kentucky Derby, and have visited several well known race tracks in previous years.

The Dickens you say! Yes, I'm currently watchig the six-part Masterpiece Theatre presentation of Charles Dickens Bleak House on PBS. It's terrific! I highly recommend it, although it's moving in the past three this Sunday. You can catch up with it at www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home